Beckhoff TwinCAT-CNC Integration
With the integration of Triamec Servo Drives into the Beckhoff TwinCAT Soft PLC, an extremely powerful programming environment is available to the user. Together with the CNC extension, this is used very successfully in various applications from parallel kinematics to ultra-precision machining.
Beckhoff offers two NC variants that are both supported:
- CNC setpoints up to 5kHz (limited by PC performance)
- Interpolators generate 50kHz setpoints for the Triamec servo drives
- High-precision timing for the target data through Triamec's own synchronization
- Nonlinear kinematics calculation
- Spindle operation, simulation mode
- Workspace monitoring
- Flexible enable and homing sequences
Fonctions of Triamec's Beckhoff Library
- Integrates Triamec devices into the PLC environment
- Applications with structured text
- Status monitoring, access to device registers
- Motion commands (based on PLCopen)
The Beckhoff TwinCAT integration solution and application examples are available for download here.